(8 week course / March 11 - May 10)
IMPORTANT NOTE! - In order to complete this web course successfully, you are required to use and READ your NAU e-mail messages on a daily basis. If you don't know your NAU e-mail address get it from the Student Technology Center.
1 (888) 520-7215
Open 24 hours during Fall and Spring semesters
The course is divided into nine modules. Each module may cover one or more chapters. Please complete the assigned modules and chapters (those highlighted and hyperlinked) in the order presented. If you have any questions or need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. You may track your assignments and grades in the:
Important Note: Assignments may be turned in early, but no assignments or tests will be accepted after midnight on their due dates.
If you have any questions or need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Video Conferencing is available for students with a web
2) Foundations of Management, Chapter 2
3) Leisure Services Managers, Chapter 3
4) Legal Foundations for Managers, Chapter 4
5) Organizational Structure, Chapter 5
6) Coordination of Resources, Programs, and Services, Chapter 6
7) Planning and Decision Making, Chapter 7
8) Marketing, Communications and Public Relations, Chapters 8 & 9
9) Personnel Procedures and Practices, Chapter 10 & 11
10) Financing, Budgets and Cost Analysis, Chapters 12 & 13
11) Evaluation, Chapter 14 - no reading or assignments this information is covered in PRM 447
12) Facilities Development and Maintenance, Web lecture notes (mod 12)
|To search the PRM 426 web site, type in the words you wish to search for in the box below.
As the Director of a full time, year-round municipal recreation/community/intergenerational center, submit the following assignments:
Assignment 1: Mission Statements and Goals and Objectives (5 pts). Deadline: Friday, March 15 by midnight
Assignment 2: Staffing Plan (5 pts). Deadline: Friday, March 29 by midnight
Assignment 3: Line Item budget for ONE MONTH. (15 pts). Deadline: Friday, April 12 by midnight
Assignment 4: Disciplinary Procedures (5 points). Deadline: Friday, April 19 by midnight
Assignment 5. Sexual Harassment Training (5 pts). Deadline: Friday, April 26 by midnight
Assignment 6. Complete a Grant Application (15 pts). Deadline: Friday, May 3 by midnight
Test Dates and Links
Important Note: Tests may be turned in early, but no tests will be accepted after their deadlines.
|Test 1 - Modules 1-3, Chapters 1, 2, & 3. Deadline: Monday, April 1 at midnight.|
|Test 2 - Module 4, Chapter 4. Deadline: Monday, April 15 at midnight.|
|Test 3 - Modules 5-8, Chapters 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9. Deadline: Monday, April 29 at midnight.|
|Test 4 - Modules 9 & 10, Chapters 10, 11, 12 & 13. Deadline: Monday, May 6 at midnight|
Extra Credit: Deadline for all extra credit is Friday, April 19 by 5:00 PM.
Copyright 2011 Northern Arizona University, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED